OPEN FOR DONATIONS
We have been overwhelmed with everyone's generosity recently. To allow for social distancing and quarantining items we are more limited than usual on being able to accept donations, but please see the details below.
UPDATE: As we are only taken very limited donations at the moment these can be dropped off at our Hurst Warehouse Mon- Thur 10am-2.30pm (2 Broadwater Lane, Hurst, RG10 0EA). Please check the January donations list below for the ONLY items we are taking this month.
Booking in LARGE ITEMS can still be done via the events pages too. Please see further information below.
PLEASE NOTE: Booking a slot requires registration via the link on the event page, rather than simply clicking "going" or "interested".
* All donations should be in excellent quality to pass straight on to children.
SOCIAL DISTANCING RULES (when dropping off your donations)
1. Ring the doorbell and stand back 2metres.
2. A member of staff will answer the door but will wait in the office while you unload the car.
3. Once you have unloaded items get back in the car and when it is safe the member of staff will bring the donation in.
4. Donations will be left in the quarantine for 48hrs.
Please do not bring donations to us if you or a member of your family is unwell or you are within the recommended period of isolation.
Please DO NOT leave items outside our warehouse at any other times.
Thank you for your support.
LARGE ITEM DONATIONS
To make donating large items easier, we are now trialling a booking system to help our supporters donate to us. This should this make it easier to donate larger items to us, but it will also help us manage stock levels and provide a better service to the families we support.
You can use this system to book in donations of the following items. Please see the Donations List above for items we currently need:
Larger items include:
Moses Basket ( & stand if available) | Cot (60 x 120cm) | Cotbed (70 x 140cm)
Toddler Bed (no sides) (70 x 140cm) | 5 point harness Highchair | Umbrella Fold buggy (eg. McLaren)
Single pushchair | Double Pushchair
School Days by First Days are collecting school uniforms to help families in need living within the Wokingham area.
We welcome donations of new and good quality pre-loved Primary School Uniform and Secondary School uniform including logo items, coats, school shoes, plimsoles and trainers
Current PINK BINS locations:
St Crispin’s School, Wokingham
Sainsbury’s, Ashridge Road
Ambleside Children’s Centre Woodley
Waingels College, Woodley
We give gifts #FromOneFamilytoAnother, so if you wouldn't give it to your friends then please don't give it to us!
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF DONATING TO FIRST DAYS
* We collect good quality baby clothes (0-3months), school uniform clothes and school shoes, winter coats (4-16 years), toys, baby toiletries and nappies and equipment. We reserve the right to refuse to accept any items which are broken, incomplete, stained or damaged. We will only accept goods that we would be happy to receive ourselves.
* We do not accept: car seats, mattresses or large electrical items for health and safety reasons.
* We will check all electrical items before passing them on, so if you know an item does not work properly please do not donate it.
* We reserve the right to sell your donations in order to buy items required for families. Sometimes we have a superfluity of certain items and a scarcity of others; in order to meet the needs of the community we may need to buy and sell items. Please be assured that no profit is made through the sale of your goods and all proceeds go directly to helping local families, much like when you donate and buy from charity shops.
If you would like to opt out of items being used in this way please state this when you donate.