OPEN FOR DONATIONS
To allow for social distancing and quarantining items this will be more limited than usual, but please see the details below.
* Donations will be taken from 10am-12noon on SATURDAYS ONLY (starting 9th May) at our Hurst Warehouse (2 Broadwater Lane, Hurst, RG10 0EA - more details in comments).
* We can ONLY accept items on the October Donations list and school uniform clothing and shoes (this includes winter coats for children 4-16 years old) at the moment - we will need other items soon but can only accept what we have space to store.
* For large items (highchairs, pushchairs and beds of all sizes) please contact us before dropping off so we know how many we have coming.
* All donations should be in excellent quality to pass straight on to children. Please clean, sort and label bags of clothes so we can get them out to families quicker. (link to printable labels here)
SOCIAL DISTANCING RULES (when dropping off your donations)
1. Ring the doorbell and stand back 2metres.
2. A member of staff will answer the door but will wait in the office while you unload the car.
3. Once you have unloaded items get back in the car and when it is safe the member of staff will bring the donation in.
4. Donations will be left in the quarantine for 48hrs.
Please do not bring donations to us if you or a member of your family is unwell or you are within the recommended period of isolation.
Please DO NOT leave items outside our warehouse at any other times.
Thank you for your support.
We give gifts #FromOneFamilytoAnother, so if you wouldn't give it to your friends then please don't give it to us!
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF DONATING TO FIRST DAYS
* We collect good quality baby clothes (0-3months), school uniform clothes and school shoes, winter coats (4-16 years), toys, baby toiletries and nappies and equipment. We reserve the right to refuse to accept any items which are broken, incomplete, stained or damaged. We will only accept goods that we would be happy to receive ourselves.
* We do not accept: car seats, mattresses or large electrical items for health and safety reasons.
* We will check all electrical items before passing them on, so if you know an item does not work properly please do not donate it.
* We reserve the right to sell your donations in order to buy items required for families. Sometimes we have a superfluity of certain items and a scarcity of others; in order to meet the needs of the community we may need to buy and sell items. Please be assured that no profit is made through the sale of your goods and all proceeds go directly to helping local families, much like when you donate and buy from charity shops.
If you would like to opt out of items being used in this way please state this when you donate.